Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bethanie

Why use an envelope? Tradition or valid reason?

41 posts in this topic

Okay, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Why do some guys put the donation in an envelope? I don't get it.

I want the donation in the bathroom, under the soap dish. I don't keep a letter opener in my bathroom but maybe i should start?

Under the soap dish is maybe like tipping the restroom attendant for a towel.

Why an envelope? Unless it's stamped and addressed, I don't see how it could be a legal thing.

IMO all it does is make messy extra paper for the garbage can.

Tradition for starters. I often enclose the donation in a Thank You card, w/o sealing the envelope. If I remember, I fan the donation so you can count it at a glance. Even when asked to place the donation in plain sight, I will sometimes have it fanned, extending from an open envelope. Of course, if explicit instructions are provided on website or in ad, I will follow those instructions. But I'm not a mind reader.

Tradition for starters. I often enclose the donation in a Thank You card, w/o sealing the envelope. If I remember, I fan the donation so you can count it at a glance. Even when asked to place the donation in plain sight, I will sometimes have it fanned, extending from an open envelope. Of course, if explicit instructions are provided on website or in ad, I will follow those instructions. But I'm not a mind reader.

I've gotten so good, I can tell if it's off and how much is there just by holding it and how big it stacks up to.

I like envelopes, easier to stick in a purse. I don't like envelopes however that have Adelle written across it. Those envelopes make me paranoid, but it's the thought that counts.

I’ve wondered about that too. I always put the donation in an envelope. Mostly because every newbie guide I read suggested it. I think tradition plays a part in it but I imagine there are some legal reasons also. In the event it was called for maybe it would make it easier for both parties to deny it was a contribution in exchange for sex. What’s that term the CIA coined? Oh yeah, plausible deniability! :cool:

The only thing I’ve learned about the envelope thing is to not have it sticking out of your shirt pocket when you stroll through the lobby of an upscale hotel. If you do this the provider will strongly suggest that you discontinue the practice! Yeah, I know already. It was a really stupid thing to do but I was pretty green at the time.

Hmm a fresh clean envelope that only two people have handled interesting.

Here's a revolutionary thought: Open wallet, hand her the cash.:cool:

If we've never met...I'll abide by the girl's instructions. If there are no instructions...I may place it in a card (inside an envelope), as I think it's a little more descreet than a business envelope.

For girls that I'm a little more familiar with, I hand them the cash. Part of the fantasy is making the donation exchange as incidental as possible.

Okay, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Why do some guys put the donation in an envelope? I don't get it.

I want the donation in the bathroom, under the soap dish. I don't keep a letter opener in my bathroom but maybe i should start?

Under the soap dish is maybe like tipping the restroom attendant for a towel.

Why an envelope? Unless it's stamped and addressed, I don't see how it could be a legal thing.

IMO all it does is make messy extra paper for the garbage can.

I used to use an envelope, for a reason mentioned earlier - it was suggested in some sort of guide that I had read when I was a newbie. Now, I just do cash: at the start of a session with a new lady, or when I'm leaving if it's someone I know a bit better.

Truth be told, I usually just put the Benjamins (sans envelope) on the nearest dresser or table upon entering the premises. When the fun ends, I usually point or wave in the general direction and ask, "We good?" That's the cue to count it, if she wants, and it's also my exit cue. :)

Pulling it out of my wallet and handing it directly to her seems, well, tacky.

Truth be told, I usually just put the Benjamins (sans envelope) on the nearest dresser or table upon entering the premises... Pulling it out of my wallet and handing it directly to her seems, well, tacky.
I do the exact same thing, have the money counted when I enter the incall. I know some gents get pissy if a lady counts it at the beginning, but it's no biggie to me. I usually drop it off in plain site, go to the bathroom to wash my hands and return.

To the OP, I'm sure back in the day, many ladies wanted it done this way. I will see how the lady wants the donation placed (via her web site, or previous reviews) and let the games begin!

I do the exact same thing, have the money counted when I enter the incall. I know some gents get pissy if a lady counts it at the beginning, but it's no biggie to me. I usually drop it off in plain site, go to the bathroom to wash my hands and return.

To the OP, I'm sure back in the day, many ladies wanted it done this way. I will see how the lady wants the donation placed (via her web site, or previous reviews) and let the games begin!

Never have used an envelope to hard to get the rolled coins in it. :D

I have kept every card ever received by any client I have ever met. I have trashed every envelope I have ever received by any client I have ever met. :D

*smooches*

Gisele Fuller

I like that idea. The Thank You card ads a bit of class that is often disregarded. IDK about the envelope situation. On one hand a clean white, unmarked and unsealed envelope is neat and tidy as well as IMO professional, however it does seem to be an extra step to get it, open it, count it etc. EITHER way, as long as the situation is copacetic, there should not really be an issue. If it is correct and wrapped in newspaper it would be (weird but) still currency.

-AVA

Never used an envelope. I just lay the cash on the dresser, exchange pleasantries, and do not talk about sexual services or exchanges...................afterall, I'm just paying for a date. If anything sexual happens, even within minutes of me showing up? Well holy crap, talk about a connection, that was never expected by me but I sure just hit the jackpot.

For me it's discretion as well as organization. Like Adelle mentioned, envelopes fit nicely in a purse. Sometimes you don't want a fat wad of 20's poking out of your wallet. I am also "frugal" (some have said cheap) and I like that I never have to buy envelopes anymore. Saves me like $1.05 annually. :o

For me it's discretion as well as organization. Like Adelle mentioned, envelopes fit nicely in a purse. Sometimes you don't want a fat wad of 20's poking out of your wallet. I am also "frugal" (some have said cheap) and I like that I never have to buy envelopes anymore. Saves me like $1.05 annually. :o

There are other ways to save money.:D

stock-photo-bright-red-condom-hanging-on-clothes-line-94513129.jpg

A lot of girls request an envelope. If it is requested I use one and if not I don't.

Me too. I smile when the envelope I hint isn't necessary but is included anyway is unsealed, because then I can reuse it for real world purposes.

I’ve wondered about that too. I always put the donation in an envelope. Mostly because every newbie guide I read suggested it. I think tradition plays a part in it but I imagine there are some legal reasons also. In the event it was called for maybe it would make it easier for both parties to deny it was a contribution in exchange for sex. What’s that term the CIA coined? Oh yeah, plausible deniability! :cool:

Yes and thank you for wondering too. Maybe it is just tradition, because nobody seems to have an answer!

Plausible deniability, I like that! But the very act of enclosing cash in an envelope means the guy planned it in advance, and because the provider has to open the envelope, she must have been looking for something. Right there is where I get confused, and wanted to ask, why the envelope? It seems like it could establish evidence for a premeditated act or something.

Real plausible deniability would be: Leave the donation on the bathroom floor. Oops it must have fallen out of my pants. Or maybe it fell out of someone else's pants, who knows?

I have used envelopes before. If the lady requests it I will do it. If I am seeing a lady I am familiar with I will just put it on the dresser when I enter the room. Sometimes I bring a gift and will enclose it in the gift.

I like the idea of an envelope (plain) just seems to add to the fantasy. I don't care what you do with it afterwards unless I need it and then may ask for it back to pass on to the next fantasy.

The only thing I’ve learned about the envelope thing is to not have it sticking out of your shirt pocket when you stroll through the lobby of an upscale hotel. If you do this the provider will strongly suggest that you discontinue the practice! Yeah, I know already. It was a really stupid thing to do but I was pretty green at the time.

LMAO>> Huggs

By extension...

I have always been asked to place the donation in a conspicious place.

After which I will generally ask to use the restroom.

<Ignorance font on>

The donation hs never gone from my hand to hers.

Is there a reason, legal or otherwise, that a provider

would not want a "hand to hand" transfer?

I've had some thoughts, but never a definitive answer.

Jonhboy#1

I use to make my own envelopes/cards, I used a nice marble finish card stock, I ran it threw my printer and printed her name on it so when it was tri-folded and tied shut with a ribbon it would have her name on the front.

She would un-tie it open it up and her name would again above the the donation staggered in folded piece of paper the same color as the card stock in layers for easy counting at a glance $100.00's and $50.00's

After the sesson as I was leaving I would hand her an other card/envelope just a touch bigger than a bill folded in half with "Thank you" on it again ran threw my printer with a $50.00 bill as a tip I always tip with anyone I saw.

Never have used an envelope to hard to get the rolled coins in it. :D

LOL, I love it!

Seriously, some ladies just prefer the cash being a little more descrete.

Forget the envelope once when leaving the house to see a favorite. Gave her a hug, slipped the cash out of my front pocket, reached my hand around and slid it into the back pocket of her snug jeans. That seemed to be OK with everyone involved ;-)

Forget the envelope once when leaving the house to see a favorite. Gave her a hug, slipped the cash out of my front pocket, reached my hand around and slid it into the back pocket of her snug jeans. That seemed to be OK with everyone involved ;-)

That's hot!

I have kept every card ever received by any client I have ever met. I have trashed every envelope I have ever received by any client I have ever met. :D

*smooches*

Gisele Fuller

Gisele, you strike me as a very romantic lady! Every card? Wow. Personally, I like to bring a card if I want to make a good impression with a new lady. I also often bring a couple bottles of a good water, and perhaps some kind of little snack or chocolate. The idea being, make a good first impression.

Gisele, you strike me as a very romantic lady! Every card? Wow. Personally, I like to bring a card if I want to make a good impression with a new lady. I also often bring a couple bottles of a good water, and perhaps some kind of little snack or chocolate. The idea being, make a good first impression.

And you do a very good job! You are a keeper ;)

I am not romantic...I am sentimental!

I have every one of them in a nice box that I look through from time to time, smiling at the memories. I have a wooden box on my desk that I got from one friend. In the other corner, every stuffed frog I got from another, and I still light up when I get more. I still have the lingerie given to me, toys, books(chocolates were devoured), wine bottles, etc. It reminds me of the kindness bestowed upon during a "sliver of time" in my life. Envelopes to me are cold and businesslike, and I like to pretend like you that this is my fantasy coming into play.

I can say that my favorite clients always bring me a card that is "green" with something else that he personally knows I like. He is always gracious and considerate of my well being. Taking that time shows to me that he is enjoys those little moments, and makes me strive to make the moment better every time we meet. : )

Leigh did have a great idea for keeping them, but most put "Gisele" on there , and that would be a little confusing if I sent that to someone. ; )

*smooches*

Gisele Fuller

Ditto sexy lady! ; )

*smooches*

Gisele Fuller