Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urfan

hysteria and the hobby

9 posts in this topic

another post here got me to thinking about on the whole moaning/orgasm quandry. so in my continuing effort to provide p.s.a.'s to the good folks here, i humbly offer the following:

In the 1800s, Female Hysteria was a common medical diagnosis given only to women that exhibited a wide array of symptoms including nervousness, insomnia, even the desire to make love... and the list goes on and on. Almost any "ailment" could fit the diagnosis.

Obviously hysteria is a totally bogus female medical condition and is no longer recognized by modern medicine. However, what's interesting is that it led to the invention of the vibrator. You see, the common treatment for hysteria was to give the woman "experiencing symptoms" an orgasm!

Of course manually stimulating all these women would have been a lot of work, so along came the vibrator to make the doc's job easier :-)

I can only imagine the lines outside the doctor's office back then, lol. During the 20th century, diagnoses of hysteria were on sharp decline. Hysteria was considered a "catchall diagnosis" where any unidentifiable ailment could be assigned.

As diagnostic techniques improved for other ailments the number of diagnoses kept lowering until nothing was left to be considered hysteria.

What's interesting is the basic treatment goal for hysteria was to "relax" the woman. And what better way to relax a woman than

giving her a mind blowing orgasm!

So the next time your woman is having a bad day or just seems to be a little stressed out, take her in the bedroom (or any room for that matter) and give her a mind bending orgasm.

of course, i could be wrong . . .

I actually tried that once when I was married. Any man who can approach a German woman who is having a bad day armed only with a vibrator ought never to be called upon to prove his courage in any other way. I was lucky to survive and it marked me, man. It marked me bad. :eek:

Not so long ago women could not compete in the Olympics because it was thought the physical strain would cause the uterus to fall out.

And, technically, cows contributed to electoral votes before women had a right to vote.

I think medical science professionals' dismissive attitude towards women's health goes much deeper than a vibrator.

But I will say a vibrator can't hurt on a sleepless night.

another post here got me to thinking about on the whole moaning/orgasm quandry. so in my continuing effort to provide p.s.a.'s to the good folks here, i humbly offer the following:

In the 1800s, Female Hysteria was a common medical diagnosis given only to women that exhibited a wide array of symptoms including nervousness, insomnia, even the desire to make love... and the list goes on and on. Almost any "ailment" could fit the diagnosis.

Obviously hysteria is a totally bogus female medical condition and is no longer recognized by modern medicine. However, what's interesting is that it led to the invention of the vibrator. You see, the common treatment for hysteria was to give the woman "experiencing symptoms" an orgasm!

Of course manually stimulating all these women would have been a lot of work, so along came the vibrator to make the doc's job easier :-)

I can only imagine the lines outside the doctor's office back then, lol. During the 20th century, diagnoses of hysteria were on sharp decline. Hysteria was considered a "catchall diagnosis" where any unidentifiable ailment could be assigned.

As diagnostic techniques improved for other ailments the number of diagnoses kept lowering until nothing was left to be considered hysteria.

What's interesting is the basic treatment goal for hysteria was to "relax" the woman. And what better way to relax a woman than

giving her a mind blowing orgasm!

So the next time your woman is having a bad day or just seems to be a little stressed out, take her in the bedroom (or any room for that matter) and give her a mind bending orgasm.

of course, i could be wrong . . .

I did a paper on, "Neurasthenia: The Water Cure" in my junior year.

Great advice. Relaxation is important. My preference is for massage and a dip in the hot tub.

Okay, talking is important, too. IMO, it's important to let your woman talk until she gets whatever it is she wants to talk about out of her system. A time limit may be in order here. Then, break out the ball gag and show her who's boss. ;-)

I would have to say that those Dr.'s back then were onto something. If I am stressed, upset, happy, whatever the mood a good orgasm with my vibrator makes everything all better. If a man happens to come along with a great talent for licking a woman silly that is even better.

If memory serves, hysteria literally meant "wandering uterus". Hence the odd "cures".

Western society has been misogynistic for so long....

This problem still exists, especially in middle class perfection oriented women.

Back in the time of the OP it was a middle class fantasy that "genetically superior" middle class and rich women didn't need sex nor did they experience pleasure from it. That's because the whole orgasm experience wasn't "composed" and in control, thus it just couldn't exist. Only poor women might have an orgasm, and make noise, because they were base creatures.

That was the extent of English racism at the time that even people of their own race were considered subhuman if they didn't have money and social position. Anyway, those same attitudes still exist today and I've met women who don't want to have sex, or will but won't orgasm because they "don't need to" and when they do they don't want to talk or laugh about it.

Also, in psychology it's common to see women who "somatize" their emotional problems and refuse to discuss the issue. That word means you're unhappy, stressed, etc and it comes out as aches and pains, exhaustion, and other symptoms that seem like sickness. I'm sure you've all seen the "depression hurts" and "fibromyalgia" commercials, well that's it.

Fibromyalgia used to be "conversion disorder" and is treated with depression meds (which do little) and conversion disorder used to be---wait for it----HYSTERIA!

It still exists but instead of treating it with orgasms, which wouldn't be "proper" today, as it was in ancient Greece or the 19th century, they give women modified high blood pressure meds (depression meds) to make them unable to get irritated (chemical straightjacket). Thus, we have progressed not one little bit, and actually regressed via fake science and drugs.

So, we still have a fucked up society. Women and men are still a bunch of liars living in a fantasy illusion that makes millions of people miserable.

An orgasm is just one way to reduce stress and we should try all the other ways too.

This whole "hysteria" thing. Makes you wonder how many doctors took advantage of their position and diagnosed all the good-looking women of the towns they where with "hysteria". Just think, the doc had license to take liberties with all women.