Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2Big

Public Service Announcement: "Press-On" Nails= Cheap

15 posts in this topic

Whenever I see a girl with "press-on" nails, I know a trailer isn't far behind.

Keep it classy. Say no to fake press-ons.

My Friday participation:

Wasn't there an American Idol/X Factor judge who advertised them?.. the brunette hottie. I was completely disappointed.

I will confess to having models put them on for quick, non-close-up photo shoots when their nails were lacking.

It is definitely better for photo shoots then chipped nail polish on a model...that is the absolute worst.

Press on nails are very dangerous for your nail bed...moisture can get trapped under them and cause fungus that is hard to be rid of...IMO, they should be taken off the market. Call me a prude, but I HATE the way they look. Spend real money to do it right for health reasons, if nothing else.

and the WORST part is how they snap off and get embedded in one's back . . . and other sensitive areas

I love the commercial: "Press on Lee, press-on nails". :P

I don't know if that's so bad......if a lady is taking good care of my needs, she can wear (or not wear) about anything she wants to. :D

One time I was watching CSI and the cops were speculating about a Jane Doe. One said "well, she has on chipped glitter nail polish so we assume she is from the trailer park across from the river where she was found." I look down at my glittery pink chipped nail polish... oops.

Since then I just don't paint my fingernails often. I don't want to die with chipped polish on my nails. And I wouldn't be caught dead in freaking press on nails either.

Really!? You don't like these!?

IMG_1280.JPGpress-on-nails.jpgamelia_nails.jpg

... I don't want to die with chipped polish on my nails. And I wouldn't be caught dead in freaking press on nails either.

Remember what Mama said about always wearing clean undergarmets. :D

Never in my life have I ever worn fake nails. I don't like the idea of fake -period. And this how I conduct my life. As real as it gets.

However, those who do employ fake-that is their business. Not mine, Twobigs, or anyone else's.

From the peanut gallery- The only men that think fake nails are sexy, are wearing them.

Edited by Jez UaBriain
missing comma

Makeup spackled on is a mood killer too. I had a lady show up to my home in Cheyenne with the darkest smokey eye, bright pink streaks of blush, and red glitter lipstick. At noon. I had asked her to dress business casual, which she did, but apparently had left out the part where I also didn't want someone from a Robert Palmer video scaring my nosey neighbors either.

Say no to fake press-ons.

Dumb question on my part: Aren't press-on nails by definition, fake? So is the above quote redundant or am I missing something? :confused:

Lol!I did not think women even use lee press on nails anymore.

I used to wear them when I was a kid messing around.

But,I don't know any women in this day and age who wear those you breathe on those nails and they come off.lol

Lee press-on nail in the back.Ouch!