Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hgritstoo

Silver and Gold

23 posts in this topic

With QE3 announced, Gold nearing &1770, Silver nearing $35.

Your dollars are worth 2% less today than they were yesterday.

Ladies, is it time to start advertising an alternative form of payment?

Range somewhere between 5 & 10 oz of silver?

I gave a bunch of my sons old Pokemon cards, wonder what their worth is as an alternate form of payment? LOL

The best bet is to buy silver as it has retained its value over the last 6000 years, except for the last 10 years. Silver has traditionally been 16% of golds value and is still a huge bargain at todays price. Naturally precious metals has to rise against the devalued dollar, and we are nearing the "financial cliff" that even the lame stream media is aware of now. It is only a matter of time months, and maybe a couple years, but the collapse will not be pretty unless you own these precious metals.

I think all the girls also like diamonds ;) At least a carat or more with good colora and clairity :D

I think all the girls also like diamonds ;) At least a carat or more with good colora and clairity :D

LOL....yeah, I've heard that from other ladies....

I would love it because it appreciates but how would I know if it's real? I can see someone showing up with silver spray paint on his hands...

or, how about trading for some pigs and chickens :confused:

I might throw in some salt, sugar, and ammunition. Oh, and cofffee - don't forget the coffee. ;)

The best bet is to buy silver as it has retained its value over the last 6000 years, except for the last 10 years. Silver has traditionally been 16% of golds value and is still a huge bargain at todays price. Naturally precious metals has to rise against the devalued dollar, and we are nearing the "financial cliff" that even the lame stream media is aware of now. It is only a matter of time months, and maybe a couple years, but the collapse will not be pretty unless you own these precious metals.

The 70's called; they want their paranoia back. Seriously, I've heard it all before--didn't happen then, isn't going to happen now.

I love silver and gold. I've collected it all my life. Bought a safe just for that. But here's something to know...I recently took a bag of scrap silver to sell. The dealer/buyer told me that right now, most of these businesses (where you go to sell it) are only accepting sterling silver. They will not accept Mexican silver at all...and the silver must be stamped "Sterling". There are testing kits online to test it, if you are unsure. I lucked out that day. I got over 1500.00 for my bag of scrap silver, which basically consisted of my old earrings, rings, necklaces that were broken or missing pieces. He also told me that the big money is in sterling such as silverware or serving pieces because they weigh so much more. Many times, I find these kinds of pieces in a thrift store and can re-sell, so I am always looking for sterling silver when I pop into one.

Gold is nice too. Good gold is always marked. I generally do not sell my gold. I'd rather hold on to it.

I suppose if a provider is keeping up with the value of gold and silver and they are clearly marked, she could accept it as payment if she had a scale to weigh it. I'd take it any day of the week as long as I clearly know its real. But cash is king right now for most of us all.;)

With QE3 announced, Gold nearing &1770, Silver nearing $35.

Your dollars are worth 2% less today than they were yesterday.

Ladies, is it time to start advertising an alternative form of payment?

Range somewhere between 5 & 10 oz of silver?

Food will be the new currency soon. :(

+1, you cant eat a gold brick.

LOL....no, but you can bash somebody over the head with it...and take THEIR food.....

Gold is nice too. Good gold is always marked. I generally do not sell my gold. I'd rather hold on to it.

Beauty AND brains.....

I plan to start accepting certificates for acres on Mars as payment.

Hopefully this would work.

$(KGrHqJ,!iwFBLdVbLr+BQThHjr10w~~60_12.JPG

I plan to start accepting certificates for acres on Mars as payment.

Well, now you're just getting silly. I've already got Mars and half of the asteroid belt sewed up.

<sound of rummaging through papers>

Here's a half acre along Johnson Lake. Interested?

If it comes with the boat PM me.

Well, now you're just getting silly. I've already got Mars and half of the asteroid belt sewed up.

<sound of rummaging through papers>

Here's a half acre along Johnson Lake. Interested?

The 70's called; they want their paranoia back. Seriously, I've heard it all before--didn't happen then, isn't going to happen now.

Have you seen the prices go up in the last 2 weeks, and if you knew anything about fractional reserve banking you might understand it a little better. You could have made a small fortune on my advice if you had just done so, instead you decide to try and belittle someone who has quite a bit more knowledge. Remain ignorant and in denial.:P