Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denveresque

How often are you canceled?

19 posts in this topic

I got canceled today. She was apologetic and kind about it, but I had planned my day around it. This was the second time in a row I've had a provider cancel (different ASP). So as I was driving back home, I thought about it, I started counting and realized I get cancelled on about a third of the time I book, and wondered if that was high, or pretty much the norm. What's your experience been?

All here, all well reviewed. Maybe it's just bad luck, but it's pretty disappointing.

I have been learning the game over the past few months. Early on, before I knew any providers I had three flakes. I had made contact with all three of them after the no-show and two of them were considerate, apologized and saw me later that day. The third one seemed sketchy so I let go and chalked it up to the game.

On a similar note, I have had two providers call me prior to an appointment to tell me they had started their period and wanted to cancel. One of those occasions I was disappointed big time because I had paid for a room and was excited with annticipation all week. I had one provider not tell me she was on her period until I was at her appartment. She didn't want to cancel but said she wanted to have sex in the shower. I told her no thank you. Different strokes for different folks but that's not the fantasy I want to pay for.

Probably 75% of my pre-booked appointments get cancelled on me. I have much better luck with last minute, they rarely get cancelled. All of them with the exception of a couple are very well reviewed. No big deal though since I find it easy to pick up the phone and call until I get someone that is available.

If those are the statistics that you are working with, that is pathetic at best. I am sorry this is happening to you. It must be bad luck.

I have canceled twice due to illness. One was last minute, and I felt horrible. I didn't want my client to end up feeling horrible though. Thank gosh he was very understanding and took me up on my offer to reschedule at at a 50% discount. I hate last minute cancels (although some can not be avoided), so I work hard to keep my end.

I've honestly never had anyone cancel on me in 25 years of doing this. :)

A few no show, no calls, though. :(

I have been cancelled on but at least the ladies called and let me know. Alot better then the NCNS by far.

I like to have my ducks in a row when I travel, so I try to prebook a week or so ahead, if possible. Maybe I've had the good fortune of dealing with first class professionals, but until recently I had a 100% success rate. My most recent attempt was a failure......and she let me know she wasn't going to make it an hour before the appt, but I still had to turn around after an hour of driving.

In Denver, Vegas & Abq, no cancellations that I recall.

In Phoenix & San Diego, quite a number of cancellations.

And, I used P411 to book the appts in each case.

I've honestly never had anyone cancel on me in 25 years of doing this. :)

A few no show, no calls, though. :(

That's the way it's been for me. Those who can't make just No-Show. They seldom have the courtesy to call. It happens once every 2-3 years.

I do remember one gal left me a note on her door. She made it up to me the next time we saw each other.

On one other occasion, a gal called every 2hrs trying to reschedule and then missing the rescheduled appointment. After the 3rd missed appointment that day, she got upset when I said "No thanks". She demanded a cancellation fee; I gave her a review instead. Funny, that's the first review I've gotten PM comments from other ladies about. They seemed to agree with my assessment of the situation.

So in closing, I'd say your batting average stinks.

I think the circumstances could justify a cancellation sometimes. As long as you do it in enough time to be fair. Sickness, emergencies, lack of available incalls, etc...Sadly, I recently had to postpone some visits in Ft Collins. Due to Chyenne Frontier Days and the Colorado Beer fest going on there, I could not get a room and it was really upsetting to me. Same thing last year, during the Boulder Boulder Race.....no rooms to be found in that area. I tried like hell, but no luck. Sometimes things are just beyond what we can fix, even when we respectfully have the best intentions to meet. In those cases, I try to make it up with a little extra time when we finally do hook up. Most times the guys are more understanding than I feel when this happens. I feel sad when I can't stand by my word. This is why I always ask guys to confirm it all with me 24 hours before to be sure things are going as planned. Many girls really will give it their all to make it happen, but sometimes its not under our control.

If you are confirming 24 hours before, and then you are being cancelled on within a really short time frame of the meeting, then I'd say pick better providers.

Edited by Velvet Valentine
sp.

All here, all well reviewed. Maybe it's just bad luck, but it's pretty disappointing.

I understand. Don't give up!

I get cancelled on about a third of the time I book, and wondered if that was high, or pretty much the norm.
That is WAY high in my experience.

Searched my memory and can recall only two cancellations - and both providers notified me at least 24 hours in advance and offered perks for re-scheduling. Ladies with that kind of class and consideration are not soon forgotten.

Early on in my hobbying, I did experience a No Show after confirming with the lady several hours in advance. She never attempted to contact me or make good on the appointment and needless to say, I never called her again.

I was no call no showed once-haven't been in contact with her since but it was a short notice call and she sounded pretty drunk on the phone so partly my fault. No showed once but she called later actually while I was in front of my backup's apt. Got canceled once while I was on the way because she was sick.

I think the circumstances could justify a cancellation sometimes.

The problem that I had with my cancellations were that it dragged on and on thru out the day. First it was, can't make it at 1pm, let reschedule to 3pm, 3pm comes and another reschedule, finally the cancellation. It one case, she dragged the cancellation out over 3 phone calls and 4 text messages. I usually can spend only a day or day and half max when traveling (my hobby time) so my time is limited and a cancellation that drags out over the day irks me quite a bit. This has happened 3 times, yeah I know, I'm a putz to keep falling for this.

The NCNS has been fairly rare for me, but there have been lots of cancellation/rescheules the morning of the pre-booked appointment. I'd say about 20-25%. Always polite, always contact made, but a reschedule or cancellation regardless.

I got NCNS yesterday by a provider who I have seen before and posts here quite frequently. I even brought her an espresso as requested.:( I still have not heard from her even though she was posting here yesterday afternoon.

NCNS happen 1-2 times per year for me. Perhaps it is related to the frequency of my visits. I do not get upset as much as I used to. I try to have a backup plan because stuff does happen. The anticipation before hand, while waiting for the appointment, then nothing...... Whew, thats tough.

I implemented my backup plan while driving North and met one of the most pleasant ladies of my hobbying career.

To Ms NCNS, I thank you. If you had not ditched me, I probably would not have met someone so nice.

I rarely ever plan a session in advance, usually because I have an unpredictable schedule, but if I call and get lucky and someone can see me that day then so far a cancellation has never happened. Of course trying to call and see someone the same day can result in more calls than usual but anything worth a damn should take some effort. right?