Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheMouth

Handguns with you

83 posts in this topic

This is my rifle, and this is my gun. One is for shooting and one is for fun.

Seriously, if someone is compelled to take a weapon to a session, CCP notwithstanding, they would probably be better served spending their $$ on more bullets or more therapy.

No doubt a small caliber single shot.:D

I am all for 2nd Amendment rights & grew up around guns my whole life. Have owned several guns of my own, love to hunt, & a trip to the range is always a favorite adrenaline rush....Am an excellent shot :D

However being the situation, anticipation of a romantic liaison, & with a female(in most cases) seems unnecessary for an individual to feel so concerned for their safety as to feel the need to carry a handgun, especially if seeing a reputable lady. I would not be comfortable with a client carrying a weapon...would prefer it left in the car or at home as well.

If guns were a connection point with someone, chatting while cleaning them, shooting at a range, going hunting together, then I probably wouldn't mind. Or as the OP stated... if it was clearly revealed on his client profile...no biggie. I am an American & I respect the freedom we have to carry our own weapons.

No doubt a small caliber single shot.:D

Over and under double shot .44 Derringer, motherfucker! ;)

It's this kind of cr*p that gives CCW owners a bad name. You realize, from the classes, etc., that the provider/homeowner could call the cops on you saying you threatened her, real or not. You realize that you are only allowed to carry on to a private persons property only if you have their permission. You realize that you are only permitted to carry CONCEALED and not open carry, ie. when it is exposed. You realize that once the weapon is not in your possession, like when your pants are off, etc., that the weapon can be turned against you. You also realize the liability in 'loaning' a weapon to someone, legal and civil, no matter the circumstances, especially someone you really don't know. You realize carrying while potentially breaking the law is a good way to compound your problems. Keep it up and you won't be legally carrying for much longer. Also, weapons don't belong at the range or what's the point of having one (2Big).

It's this kind of cr*p that gives CCW owners a bad name. You realize, from the classes, etc., that the provider/homeowner could call the cops on you saying you threatened her, real or not. You realize that you are only allowed to carry on to a private persons property only if you have their permission. You realize that you are only permitted to carry CONCEALED and not open carry, ie. when it is exposed. You realize that once the weapon is not in your possession, like when your pants are off, etc., that the weapon can be turned against you. You also realize the liability in 'loaning' a weapon to someone, legal and civil, no matter the circumstances, especially someone you really don't know. You realize carrying while potentially breaking the law is a good way to compound your problems. Keep it up and you won't be legally carrying for much longer. Also, weapons don't belong at the range or what's the point of having one (2Big).

Very valid points....excellent:cool:

My guess is stalkers never happen to any of the gals here and bad neighborhoods is the only place where crime occurs. Wow most of you are ignorant to not only the laws, but to a myriad of scenarios. I have been packin' heat to every visit I have ever made in the last 20 years and have carried concealed for the last 30 years most of the time without anyone knowing ever. So please keep that in mind when booking with me and I definitely know which ones NOT to bother with, thanks for the honest responces. :rolleyes:

Wow most of you are ignorant to not only the laws, but to a myriad of scenarios.

Kindly enlighten us on the real scenarios that would warrant carrying around a weapon.

What is it you say? George Zimmermann? Yeah, that worked out really well for him.:cool:

Carrying a firearm to an appointment seems like the dumbest thing ever.

Maybe, next time, I'll call in SWAT just to make sure it's safe.:cool:

My guess is stalkers never happen to any of the gals here

Brilliant idea: why bother with restraining orders, just shoot your stalker. (Then end up in jail, trading your shitter for cigarettes and protection).

Also, weapons don't belong at the range or what's the point of having one (2Big).

Weapons belong to the place you plan to use them in: in the field, if you're in law enforcement, with you on a hunt, or in a gun safe.

The problem isn't the bringing of the gun. The problem is that a significant portion of those carrying one are liable to shoot themselves, innocent bystanders, or the family dog.

What a load of crap. A significant portion? Not even a miniscule portion. I think most people would be surprised if they knew how many people were carrying while they shopped in a supermarket. That said and as someone who carries on a regular basis, I leave mine in the car. One time I forgot to take it off and when I got to undressing I asked her if she wanted me to take it to my car and she was fine with it.

Kindly enlighten us on the real scenarios that would warrant carrying around a weapon.

I'm surprised; I never figured you for such an anti-self-defense head-in-the-sand wussy. The need for a gun, although extremely rare, can happen any time, anywhere.

I don't take mine into sessions, out of basic respect--not out of fear of freaking anybody out because believe me they'd never know.

The only reason Zimmerman was charged was because the media kept showing the pic of the 11 year old Martin. He would be exonerated here in Colorado BTW, and he will be found not guilty I believe.

1. Stalker former client who is mentally unstable, and is watching and decides when you go in that is the last straw.

2.Former BF, GF, or SO works at the Post Office.

3. The home invaision guys got the wrong address.

4. Walking in or out to the appointment and some neighbor missed his meds or the neighborhood children took too much Ritalin and got hold of pops weapons.

5. Some judgemental unhinged Christian decides to make the world a better place by ridding the world of crime.

6. Get back to your vehical and the drug addict/ teenager/ ex-con/unemployed/homeless is going through your vehical and that is where the guns are, surprise.

7. Didn't see the guy on the bicycle and almost hit him, and he has followed you for some distance and is going to beat you as soon as you stop and get out.

8. The neighbors German shepherd got out the yard and is biting you.

Most of the unarmed citizens do not realize that a fist fight is a life threatening event, and a punch does not have to be thrown to end the threat in a fatal way. Zimmerman would be 100% not guilty here in Colorado for instance. There are countless scenarios, restauraunts, gas stations, road rage drivers etc. etc. there are thousands upon thousands and if you are unarmed you are dead. Do I want any of these things to happen? No. Would I kill without hesitation if my life was threatened? 2 to the chest and 1 to the head inside one split second, yup been working on it at the range for 30 years and thousands of rounds just in case. Criminals don't care what section of town they are in and some even prefer nicer neighborhoods so good try there. I am a second amendment absolutist, I conceal carry in schools, and post offices, including states like New York, Illinois and Mass. where I would end up in prison for numerous years. My life must be worth way more then all of yours, and yet if I were around I would probably save all of your lives too.

Would I kill without hesitation if my life was threatened? 2 to the chest and 1 to the head inside one split second, yup been working on it at the range for 30 years and thousands of rounds just in case.

Terrifying. Sounds like if we are in the same place at the wrong time, my life depends on your decision making being as good as your as physical reaction time. So now I get to hope you're really that perfect? Great.

I'm surprised; I never figured you for such an anti-self-defense head-in-the-sand wussy. The need for a gun, although extremely rare, can happen any time, anywhere.

I don't take mine into sessions, out of basic respect--not out of fear of freaking anybody out because believe me they'd never know.

And you figure wrongly.

My argument is that a gun belongs in the hand of professionals licensed and trained to deploy a firearm: law enforcement, military, other gov. agencies, etc.

8. The neighbors German shepherd got out the yard and is biting you.

A well trained German shephard is going to be on top of you so fast, you won't even have time to go for your "piece".:cool:

As for George Zimmermann:

Zimmermann shot an unarmed teenager, whether he was justified in doing so is for the courts to sort out. I have no opinion one way or the other.

Whatever happens in court, the fact is that Zimmermann's life is ruined. Even if does not get prison time, he will have to stay in hiding for the rest of his life.

Had he simply snapped out of his "urban revenge cop vigilante" fantasy and done what he was instructed to do (back off and let the cops handle things), he would be in an infinitely better place and Trayvon Martin would still be alive.

Sorry but that is what Hitler said too and got the guns away from the Jews. Just government agencies can own and carry guns, and that is just what and why the second amendment is in place. I didn't know that you were also of the communist mindset 2Big definitelly not American that is for sure. The second amendment is for citizens not the government, and as for being trained and licensed, I am that although I would prefer a Vermont or Wyoming law where anyone who is allowed to own a handgun can carry one without licenses makes for a very polite society." Only the government" mindset is a dangerous way to think , and I hope you have dial a prayer instead of 911 when you need it, or maybe me close by.

My argument is that a gun belongs in the hand of professionals licensed and trained to deploy a firearm: law enforcement, military, other gov. agencies, etc.

As I am sure you know, this is exactly who these folks want in their crosshairs. 2nd Amendment absolutists are primarily worried about defending themselves from their own government. Another quotation by the author of the OP's sig line is a familiar mantra..."the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Sorry but that is what Hitler said too and got the guns away from the Jews. Just government agencies can own and carry guns, and that is just what and why the second amendment is in place. I didn't know that you were also of the communist mindset 2Big definitelly not American that is for sure. The second amendment is for citizens not the government, and as for being trained and licensed, I am that although I would prefer a Vermont or Wyoming law where anyone who is allowed to own a handgun can carry one without licenses makes for a very polite society." Only the government" mindset is a dangerous way to think , and I hope you have dial a prayer instead of 911 when you need it, or maybe me close by.

So, now I'm a communist just because I don't want some fool popping off left and right?:cool:

You buy an attack German Shepard and we both go into a closed room and I will emerge alive and maybe bitten and broken boned but the dog will be dead, and I would wager 1k or 2k to make it fun. As for your commuist, authoritarian views on gun ownership maybe you should move to a different country altogether?

Sorry but that is what Hitler said too and got the guns away from the Jews.

"Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies) is an observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990 that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes some comparison to Hitler and the Nazis."

History does repeat itself huh? Hitlers 1930's Germany , Ban private firearms, infuse the water with flouride(complacency not for teeth), socialized medicine, create boogie men to start wars, government propaganda programs, spying on its citizens, internment camps for its citizens (NDAA). Most is pretty obvious, how can you not see it? . People like you are part of the problem not the solution , and a very dangerous mindset to our liberties.

And you figure wrongly.

No, that was exactly my point. What part of ***SELF*** defense did you not understand?

Yeah, so a quote that circulates on the Internet is false. And most of the gun laws existed before Hitler's rise to power. He just enforced them selectively against those he wanted to suppress, and only passed one new law aimed at eliminating Jewish ownership of guns. At least according to that article you linked to. Uhm, what exactly was your point?

This did pertain to Colorado because of the CC laws are different in each state but ok. :D

Do you leave them in the vehical or carry them in? I for one have a few with me at all times and at least one on my person at all times. Providers get kind of sketchy when the big .45 gets taken off with the clothes. Some haven't even noticed , while others say nobody else has ever brought them in. I remember Destiny had a death threat of sorts a couple years back and I offered her a handgun for protection for the day(she declined BTW) So are there any other second amendment hobbyists who have CCP?

Two scenarios: One, a pimp hiding in the bathroom. He's probably done this many times and knows how to take you down fast, or escalate it to the next level without hesitation. Compare this with your experience, how many times you been in this situation. Can you operate on instinct; shoot him in the face? My money's on the pimp.

Two, a police sting, two or three cops including the decoy, hyped up on adrenaline and here you are pulling a pistol outta your pocket. Never been there but I for sho as a cop would shoot first and ask questions later. And cops shoot to kill not wound.

"Protecting" your money, your rolex, your car keys are not worth it. Leave it outside.

Two scenarios: One, a pimp hiding in the bathroom. He's probably done this many times and knows how to take you down fast, or escalate it to the next level without hesitation. Compare this with your experience, how many times you been in this situation. Can you operate on instinct; shoot him in the face? My money's on the pimp.

Two, a police sting, two or three cops including the decoy, hyped up on adrenaline and here you are pulling a pistol outta your pocket. Never been there but I for sho as a cop would shoot first and ask questions later. And cops shoot to kill not wound.

"Protecting" your money, your rolex, your car keys are not worth it. Leave it outside.

Everyone who has ever taken courses never ever pulls out a gun without killing who you have pulled it on, because dead people don't testify in courts. Protecting your life "priceless" all other things not worth it.

Everyone who has ever taken courses never ever pulls out a gun without killing who you have pulled it on, because dead people don't testify in courts. Protecting your life "priceless" all other things not worth it.

Not questioning your convictions vis-a-vis having to use a weapon, sir. Just - do you have what takes inside of you to kill someone instinctively and without the slightest hesitation?

I once witnessed a fight 20 or so yrs ago at the white horse lounge in Lakewood. There was an absolute conviction on the part of the younger stronger man to kill a older man (a vietnam vet). At the moment of the kill, the younger man hesitated ever so slightly and even in a superior position with a knife, the older man acted instinctively from his combat training and executed the younger man. I would conjecture that some course work probably is not sufficient.

Yeah, so a quote that circulates on the Internet is false. And most of the gun laws existed before Hitler's rise to power. He just enforced them selectively against those he wanted to suppress, and only passed one new law aimed at eliminating Jewish ownership of guns. At least according to that article you linked to. Uhm, what exactly was your point?

My point is that the quote suggests that Hitler came to power by disarming Germans. This is clearly an ignorant argument.

Secondly, the quote suggests a comparison between Weimar Germany and the United States today This is also a stupid comparison.

Nobody is threatening to take over anything.

As Ive said before, the NRA used to be concerned with sports shooting and hunting, now it has been taken over by THE CRAZY.

History does repeat itself huh? Hitlers 1930's Germany , Ban private firearms, infuse the water with flouride(complacency not for teeth)

"I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love... Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I — I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence."

Peace on Earth

Purity of Essence

1) Don't bring guns when you see a provider. You're not the only one concerned with your safety.

2) Good luck finding your next date Mouth!

3) This thread will be locked soon.

Something I do wonder though, I think we've been looking at this from the wrong end. What about the girls packing heat? Not to be insensitive but I don't think it's the client who has to worry about serial killers. Now I know if one is caught with a gun while selling drugs it is an extra very harsh felony. Does that apply for all less than legal transactions? Or is that just a drug thing?

pbf.jpg