Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigpharmaboner

Serious Question

13 posts in this topic

I just found out my ATF was seriously hurt in an accident. She was in the hospital over the weekend. She is not on the board, has not asked for anything, is not in Colorado so its not likely to be anyone you know. Nor would I think its a scam to get money out of me or anything like that, because I just had a bad feeling and texted her asking if she was OK and got the reply back about what happened with not much detail. And I'm not about to send her a bunch of texts asking questions.

So, given the nature of the hobby and confidentiality, when something like this happens it just plain sucks that I can't do anything more than send my best wishes and prayers. There must be some way to send something or do something without her having to reveal personal info. Any suggestions?

What makes you think she would welcome your attention?

Just back off and leave her be.

Sounds like she didn't ask for help. Looks like you didn't offer to help. Best to leave it alone.

Very easy to change the situation into "you and your big heart" rather than just stay out of her private life.

I agree with what others have said here. Leave her be.

...and texted her asking if she was OK and got the reply back about what happened with not much detail...
I have to chime in with the other gents and just let it be for now. You reached out to her, and she was either too busy, nor it was not the time for her to reach back out to you. She knows you are thinking of her, and if/when she's up to it, she'll reach back out to you.

Would let it go,would have texted in the message if there is anything I can do please let me know. If that is what you wish to do.

Am with everyone else it's best to leave her be let her have the time she needs to focus on what she is going through that is the best thing you can do for her right now. She knows you are thinking of her and seems for now that is enough.

Would let it go,would have texted in the message if there is anything I can do please let me know. If that is what you wish to do.

That is what I did.

Just sucks there isn't some kind of confidential intermediary that provided a service where you could send flowers or something, as you would do for any aquaintence in a similar situation.

I have been very careful not to be intrusive, we normally exchange PM's, texts or emails several times per week, So that's how I knew something was up. But I'm very careful and usually wait for her to initiate contact. I just had a feeling something was up.

Anyway, not being able to do anything or really talk to anyone is what sucks, so thanks for listening (reading). That's mostly what I needed.

It is nice that you have a heart, feelings and are thoughtful anyhow. That is rare now days. Hope all is well in the end.

I'm sure she will reach out to you, when and if she needs you :)

I just found out my ATF was seriously hurt in an accident. She was in the hospital over the weekend. She is not on the board, has not asked for anything, is not in Colorado so its not likely to be anyone you know. Nor would I think its a scam to get money out of me or anything like that, because I just had a bad feeling and texted her asking if she was OK and got the reply back about what happened with not much detail. And I'm not about to send her a bunch of texts asking questions.

So, given the nature of the hobby and confidentiality, when something like this happens it just plain sucks that I can't do anything more than send my best wishes and prayers. There must be some way to send something or do something without her having to reveal personal info. Any suggestions?

It is nice that you have a heart, feelings and are thoughtful anyhow. That is rare now days. Hope all is well in the end.

Thanks.

She texted me when I was in the hospital recently, and it was a kind gesture on her part that was unexpected and greatly appreciated. I will just wait and see if there is anything I can do.

Thanks.

She texted me when I was in the hospital recently, and it was a kind gesture on her part that was unexpected and greatly appreciated. I will just wait and see if there is anything I can do.

Aww let me give you a "Big Hug" sweetie:)...when we get hurt our families come running, just give it some time she will call you again when they give her some space. when she calls let her know then that you want to help, I'm sure she will be flattered that you thought of her;)

Thanks for the replies.

Even if she wanted some assistance down the line, I'm not sure how I could accomplish it anyway since she is in another state.