Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Oxymoron

Banned: Elise

44 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to say that I've decided to permanently ban Elise.

While I enjoyed some of her threads and the ensuing discussions, I have some concerns about the way she conducts herself at times and the possible effect on our community.

For that reason, I've decided to sever ties with her in regards to TOB and P411. Whether that extends to EP/EB remains to be seen.

Some of you love her, some of you hate her. I neither love nor hate her, but I definitely don't have the energy it takes to be associated with her, even in this small way.

Farewell Elise, I wish you all the best in whatever you do.... as long as you do it somewhere else. ;)

Oxy

Farewell Elise, I wish you all the best in whatever you do. Oxy

+1 - Best of luck Elise!:)

I'm sorry to say that I've decided to permanently ban Elise.

Hmmm. Seems a bit harsh. Didn't see anything that qualifies as a flagrant violation of board rules.

+1 - Best of luck Elise!:)

Talk about being tone-deaf.:cool:

Someone just got banned for life, and you wish them.....best of luck.

Hmmm. Seems a bit harsh. Didn't see anything that qualifies as a flagrant violation of board rules.

Talk about being tone-deaf.:cool:

Someone just got banned for life, and you wish them.....best of luck.

Hard to believe.. but you all aren't privy to everything that happens with the board workings. Many "violations" occur and are deleted.

I'll take this opportunity to respond to this subject, since it's public and a discussion that may enlighten this little community.

Truly.. I'm bummed that it had to come to this. It was a situation that dragged on and became a complete energy tap. I believe it dragged on because we know this is a legitimate member of this arena, a good person at-heart - and having this discussion board helps those that want to further their chosen involvement in "the hobby".

Unfortunately, some choose a path that ignores better judgement in what they do.. publicly and behind the scenes.

I'm not tone-deaf.. and I know Elise will see this. I wish her the best.

Edited by Mace
content

The "violations" are secret but the "punishment/humiliation" is doled out in public?

That Crazy Horse, his "predictions" are coming to pass?

The "violations" are secret but the "punishment/humiliation" is doled out in public?

There's no secret that violations get deleted.

Try again

*yawn*

Well, they couldn't really ban her privately, now could they. By making a public announcement they can head off the inevitable speculation and rumor-mongering. She was previously banned for a very long time(years, I believe), and now she's banned again. Meh.

It's like 1984 now!!!:P

I'll take this opportunity to respond to this subject, since it's public and a discussion that may enlighten this little community.

I'm not feeling particularly enlightened, since you don't give any reasons.

I'm not feeling particularly enlightened, since you don't give any reasons.

lmao.

The details and dirt that you want to dig for, are really between Elise and Admin.

How 'bout this? Don't f_ck up and you won't get banned. It's not our playground.

Edited by Mace
content

they can head off the inevitable speculation and rumor-mongering.

But what fun is that? You mean this isn't junior high?

There's no secret that violations get deleted.

Try again

Since you asked:

Your first post sounded quite authoritative, hence knowledgeable, on the goings-on. Then you backpedal and post a 2nd time that actually the issue is between the Admin and E.

And the words, "Don't f_ck up and you won't get banned" is very inflammatory and doesn't serve to explain the causes of the banishment. Are there written rules that were violated or something arbitrary and subjective.

I've not received an infraction (yet) and I wish to avoid doing so in the future thus my concern.

Since you asked:

Your first post sounded quite authoritative, hence knowledgeable, on the goings-on. Then you backpedal and post a 2nd time that actually the issue is between the Admin and E.

And the words, "Don't f_ck up and you won't get banned" is very inflammatory and doesn't serve to explain the causes of the banishment. Are there written rules that were violated or something arbitrary and subjective.

I've not received an infraction (yet) and I wish to avoid doing so in the future thus my concern.

There is no backpedaling. It's dirty laundry that doesn't belong on the board and is between the authority who made the decision and the person receiving the decision.

Regarding "Don't f_ck up and you won't get banned"..

If it's inflammatory to you.. my bad. If you don't get it, I'll spell it out with an edit:

Don't fuck up and [we] don't get banned.

Regarding rules that have been violated by the subject of this thread or many others:

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_post_rules

Simple

What CH might not fully understand with his "predictions" is that this is not s democracy and whomever owns and pays for this board that we freely use and use for FREE, has the last word on EVERYTHING.

It goes like this, If you or I or anyone dislikes the way things are run, then we have the choice to go elsewhere or stay and deal.

The owners can make arbitrary or otherwise decisions and we don't have to know exactly why. Bottom line, it's none of our business and we don't get to have a say.

Geez it's like some guys who get a no from a lady and freaking drive her up the wall and down the other side trying to find out why. Let it go.

What CH might not fully understand with his "predictions" is that this is not s democracy and whomever owns and pays for this board that we freely use and use for FREE, has the last word on EVERYTHING.

It goes like this, If you or I or anyone dislikes the way things are run, then we have the choice to go elsewhere or stay and deal.

The owners can make arbitrary or otherwise decisions and we don't have to know exactly why. Bottom line, it's none of our business and we don't get to have a say.

Geez it's like some guys who get a no from a lady and freaking drive her up the wall and down the other side trying to find out why. Let it go.

I respectfully disagree MS Dakota. It is our business. If the board owner is playing favorites which in this case it sure looks like she is then im not sure how long ill keep coming back. IMHO the only good change to this board has been the elimanation of the trolls. In the case of Elise IMHO I feel we are owed a better explanation. I know not everyone will agree with me but thats life. One person gets banned for life and one of the board owners beta testers only gets a hand slap. Fair and balanced. Ill probably get an infraction and join CH in my silence. Thanks

As I said in my introduction, I have been perusing TOB for quite some time. I can only imagine the behind-the-scenes drama we have no knowledge of. Nor do I want to know.

I too have seen some of the board favorites get away with questionable things ... before Gina got the keys to the castle and added some mods to help out Mace. Since then, the Sheriff of TOB has been keeping tighter control. That is the main reason I decided to become an active participant.

I can only imagine the behind-the-scenes drama we have no knowledge of.

Exactly.

You, we are owed nothing and that's it. If you were paying and thought you might be next, maybe then but you are on here for free and free to go elsewhere at any time. I am sure there are plenty of sites that would welcome you.

You, we are owed nothing and that's it. If you were paying and thought you might be next, maybe then but you are on here for free and free to go elsewhere at any time. I am sure there are plenty of sites that would welcome you.

While we are indeed owed nothing, without members the board is nothing, and treating members decently is the first requirement to actually having members on an ongoing basis...

I get that L42.

But equate her banning with this scenario:

You work in an office full of people, one person who has appeared controversial and has had dealings with the CEO has been fired. The CEO and any management does not have to inform everyone as to the details fro the firing.

Now, if others in the office feel the firing was unfair or the CEO was playing faves (and that is only office rumor), and they feel if someone else in the office is a tad controversial or whatever, that they might be fired, they can quit or stay and play by the rules.

Back to this board. We are treated well here if we don't break the rules. I am certain there are things we know nothing about that has gone on that has caused this banning.

Even if we are given an autopsy of the situation, there will still be some who feel it wasn't fair and complain. Bottom line, we are here by invitation and that invitation can be yanked at any time.

It is not like Gina is banning left right and center. I think she and the mods treat us perfectly well. I have been slapped and probably will be slapped ion the future. And I have a feeling to be banned for life you have to do something pretty ugly, so unless I or anyone else blunders over that line, we are fine to keep on keeping on.

an unnamed person has been accused of things before, we all remember about 5 months ago one of our friends here had their life turned upside down over an "outing".

Maybe Mace has saved a lot of your butts and mine before we just did not see it.

Do you want to spend your time dealing with all the unseen junk he puts up with. WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES

I get that L42.

But equate her banning with this scenario:

You work in an office full of people, one person who has appeared controversial and has had dealings with the CEO has been fired. The CEO and any management does not have to inform everyone as to the details fro the firing.

Now, if others in the office feel the firing was unfair or the CEO was playing faves (and that is only office rumor), and they feel if someone else in the office is a tad controversial or whatever, that they might be fired, they can quit or stay and play by the rules.

Back to this board. We are treated well here if we don't break the rules. I am certain there are things we know nothing about that has gone on that has caused this banning.

Even if we are given an autopsy of the situation, there will still be some who feel it wasn't fair and complain. Bottom line, we are here by invitation and that invitation can be yanked at any time.

It is not like Gina is banning left right and center. I think she and the mods treat us perfectly well. I have been slapped and probably will be slapped ion the future. And I have a feeling to be banned for life you have to do something pretty ugly, so unless I or anyone else blunders over that line, we are fine to keep on keeping on.

Well said.

I don't understand why we were told at all. If it's such a private matter, then keep it to yourself altogether. If you want to make a public notice, explain a bit more about the reasons. To make a commotion about banning her and then refuse to give a real explanation just seems childish more than anything. Like... how does the information you gave out help anyone here? Anyone who cares will want more info, and you refuse to give it, so why post something at all?

That's not the action of a "Sheriff". That's the action of a "town gossip". I guess our Sheriff likes gossip. LOL

JMO

Bottom line, we are here by invitation and that invitation can be yanked at any time.

True, but there has been talk from Gina about lack of capability to appropriately monetize TOB. You can't monetize a site that nobody uses, and since her occupation of the site, the amount of times I view the site has dropped from about twice a day to about three times a week.

I mean, Best Buy essentially works the same way. They can refuse service to anyone at any time for no reason. It's posted by the entrance.

But, if they refuse me service one day, chances are, I'll never return, and I'll tell everyone I know that Best Buy sucks, and I'll never use their website, etc. They will lose business and customers, so they only use that when someone has done something really bad.

You know what they DON'T do? They DON'T go around the store and tell all of the other customers that they just kicked someone out, and then refuse to elaborate.

The only purpose to telling us about the ban is so that we can avoid Elise's actions to avoid ourselves being banned. Gina refuses to tell us the reasons, so the whole posting is rendered entirely pointless.

;310508']True, but there has been talk from Gina about lack of capability to appropriately monetize TOB. You can't monetize a site that nobody uses, and since her occupation of the site, the amount of times I view the site has dropped from about twice a day to about three times a week.

I mean, Best Buy essentially works the same way. They can refuse service to anyone at any time for no reason. It's posted by the entrance.

But, if they refuse me service one day, chances are, I'll never return, and I'll tell everyone I know that Best Buy sucks, and I'll never use their website, etc. They will lose business and customers, so they only use that when someone has done something really bad.

You know what they DON'T do? The don't go around the store and tell all of the other customers that they just kicked someone out, and then refuse to elaborate.

The only purpose to telling us about the ban is so that we can avoid Elise's actions to avoid ourselves being banned. Gina refuses to tell us the reasons, so the whole posting is rendered entirely pointless.

I full refund is available upon request.:rolleyes:

Maybe Mace has saved a lot of your butts and mine before we just did not see it.

Do you want to spend your time dealing with all the unseen junk he puts up with. WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES

Hell...I wouldn't want to walk 6 feet in his shoes ,let alone a mile.

The only purpose to telling us about the ban is so that we can avoid Elise's actions to avoid ourselves being banned. Gina refuses to tell us the reasons

I don't have a problem with that at all. Why do you and about 3 others think you need to know everything? And when you don't visit for 3 weeks, there are probably 4 people who have come back because the asshole quotient has lessened.

How about this, you concentrate on finding your <snip> and let Gina do what she has been doing for about 3/4 of your life.

Edited by The Oxymoron
"teenage girl" - term not permitted