Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lovely_Leigh

Victoria's Secret ECard

7 posts in this topic

I will forgo the back story on this one but some random stranger I met in an online chat room sent me a Victoria's Secret e-gift card. He sent me the confirmation email and in it I was able to find out all sorts of stuff about him because it listed his name as well as a work email address. I was wondering if he would have access to the same info on me as I did on him. I don't want to use it if this cat can get anything on me. Does anyone have experience with this?

Leigh,

E-gift cards are pretty safe. I doubt the info goes back to the purchaser. Once they buy and send it to you, I think the transaction is done, because they just bought the E-card, not your actual purchases. I have gotten them before for "Velvet'.

Did you happen to maybe have the card listed as a gift on your website?

I don't think that using the card would be an issue, if it is a gift card. ...should be totally secure. The sender should have blocked his info when he bought it online. If he sent it to your email box, It should be safe and usable. For example, I don't think someone can track purchases online by the gift card number.

Amazon let's you build an annonomous account. The info of the buyer and the reciever stays secure. Guys can purchase gifts there, including gift cards to stores and resturants. I would sugggest you set up something like that if others want to send you gifts. Then you can direct them there and both people are happy and safe.

Edited by Velvet Valentine
sp.

Velvet is correct. I have had them sent to me as well and the sender has never seen my info. I think you are safe.

He sent me the confirmation email and in it I was able to find out all sorts of stuff about him because it listed his name as well as a work email address.

Note to self....:eek:

Is this anything like Amazon's gift list? Where you can create a gift list and people can buy things on it for you.. and you dont see each others info like addresses and whatnot?

Is this anything like Amazon's gift list? Where you can create a gift list and people can buy things on it for you.. and you dont see each others info like addresses and whatnot?

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. You can make the info private.

Also, for the buyers- you can always buy e-gift cards with Walmart Visa Birthday cards. Just register it to a fake name and address. I've done this before. Note- Green dot asks for a SS# when registering, but the Walmart Birthday Visa card does not require that info.

Go girl.

Shop like there's no tomorrow.

Or like you're down to your last pair of panties and it's laundry day. ;)