Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigBaldBlk

Provider names links to their reviews

7 posts in this topic

Since the board is going thru some changes, I would like to make the suggestion that when you click on a providers name from the discussion board that one of the drop-down menu options would be a link to her reviews. I like the way ECCIE has all the info bundled up nicely with providers contact info, showcases and reviews. We briefly touched upon what to do with reviews here, but I think it would be nice to have all info accessed so quickly. I think this could be easily done for Colorado as well as Nevada; to their respective reviews and formats.

In addition, I would make the suggestion that clients also have the same drop-down menu to the reviews they have done. I know the challenge that several guys use a TOB board name and a Review name, so that would be difficult to cross-reference. The reason for guys to have links is:

~ If it's a new provider and she has one review by a new client, that could possibly send up a red flag as a false review.

~ If it's a new provider and she has several reviews by clients who have only reviewed her, that could also send up a red flag

~ If it's a new/fairly new provider and the gent has several reviews on several well-reviewed ladies, this would bode well about her legitimacy

I welcome any additional thoughts!

Since the board is going thru some changes, I would like to make the suggestion that when you click on a providers name from the discussion board that one of the drop-down menu options would be a link to her reviews. I like the way ECCIE has all the info bundled up nicely with providers contact info, showcases and reviews. We briefly touched upon what to do with reviews here, but I think it would be nice to have all info accessed so quickly. I think this could be easily done for Colorado as well as Nevada; to their respective reviews and formats.

In addition, I would make the suggestion that clients also have the same drop-down menu to the reviews they have done. I know the challenge that several guys use a TOB board name and a Review name, so that would be difficult to cross-reference. The reason for guys to have links is:

~ If it's a new provider and she has one review by a new client, that could possibly send up a red flag as a false review.

~ If it's a new provider and she has several reviews by clients who have only reviewed her, that could also send up a red flag

~ If it's a new/fairly new provider and the gent has several reviews on several well-reviewed ladies, this would bode well about her legitimacy

Definitely like the one click for the providers, it is nice when checking what reviews a lady has. :D

Providers just got the option to put a review link in thier signiture. If clients are allowed to put a link to thier reviews in thier signiture lines then you could get most of what you asked for without needing to modify the board software or assign a moderator to manage the links in the dropdown.

It would take some extensive code editing on the backend of the vbulletin script. The key is to get this dropdown option to display on each page to populate. I tried it on a forum I owned and it was a total PITA. There is a plugin available on a 3rd party site the specializes in this. Can't remember the name at the moment. It gives the admin the ability to fully customize the selections/options menu.

First, I'll preface that I'm a "I don't care how the clock works, I just want to know what time it is" type of guy. I'm definitely not an expert in the intricacies of how coding works.

...The key is to get this dropdown option to display on each page to populate. I tried it on a forum I owned and it was a total PITA. There is a plugin available on a 3rd party site the specializes in this. Can't remember the name at the moment. It gives the admin the ability to fully customize the selections/options menu.
If it forces the Mods to do more work then chances are it will not fly. I just think it would be a nice feature.
...If clients are allowed to put a link to thier reviews in thier signiture lines then you could get most of what you asked for without needing to modify the board software or assign a moderator to manage the links in the dropdown.
This would be a good Plan B Nusa, but most guys I can't imagine want to add to their signature line. If it were done the way I suggested, you could browse anonymously both provider/client pages and access the info much more quickly. I'm glad the providers can post their contact info in their signature, I wish more ladies would do this. The ones that are anonymous (or don't allow reviews) can stay anonymous.

Cool ideas here. You should post this in the "suggestions and recommendations" board. :)

Xxxooo

Beverly ;-*