Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

The most dangerous question in the world???

67 posts in this topic

Sometimes it is best to just step away from the keyboard. To bad I don't follow my own advice.

I stop in here at what was TO's, now its Gina's cyber bar and grill for entertainment.

I like to belly up to the bar , and run my yap once in awhile.

I have gotten some TOB business, but I do not depend on it for my bread and butter.

Trolls are a fact of life. They will always infest the discussion forums. Feed them while they are fun, starve them when they get boring.

It was said that two discussion forums here ,akes the individual ones boring by themselves. Life is boring once in a while. When that happens-start a discussion like this. CH is good at getting activity like this rolling.

As far as anyone being sanctimonious, I think at one time or another we all have been guilty of that. The thing that people seem to forget is that no one likes to be called out in public. Or have their toes stepped on. If anyone really has a problem with how this cyber world is ran, then I can only sanctimoniously suggest that they start their own cyber world bar and grill. Then they can have their own queendom, or kingdom.

Okay, NOW I am stepping away from the keyboard.;)

why the fuck did you feel the need to revive this dead thread?

why the fuck did you feel the need to revive this dead thread?

Because it's a free country. I'm sorry she didn't contribute to your killing dogs thread or your glee at spotting bare breasts and profanity on another cable series.

I can see where Crazy Horse is coming from in a sense. Some of us go way back to when this discussion board was very different. Face it Crazy Horse, those days are gone and at least we can look back at them and smile. The small community atmosphere TOB used to have is gone. There used to be a fairly small group of us that could meet once a week for drinks and have a great time. It was a fun way to meet posters here outside the board.

The morons caught on and that gave way to huge parties where the press was invited, and girls dressed and acted inappropriately. Unwanted attention was invited and no more happy hours because adults don't know how to behave. Oh well.

Girls used to feel free to say hello here without getting their ass handed to them but that too has ended. Yes it has always been a place for hobbiests to discuss girls, but the response was never this hostile and ugly. I find this new ugliness creepy (if you hate asps so much why frequent a board catered around their profession?) If you are an asp who has to attack everything another posts why not go to the gym, pick up a book or find out why you are so hostile?

People wonder why few girls comes here to post (even for entertainment) it's because it has become a kindergarten. One overrun by bullies. It doesn't need help from the owners or more moderation, it has just fallen prey to grown men and women who behave like children.

If Gina were to turn the discussion board into a paying site or do away with it altogether I would not blame her in the slightest. The fact that she has babysat this long without losing her mind is a miracle. I for one though think the evolution of EB and P411 have been excellent. I remember when there was nothing but a little photo gallery of asps run by TO.

As some smart asses will say, I will now take my ball and go home. One can only expect that when a discussion board grows as big as TOB has, that sometimes it's going to be for the worst.

While your post is eloquent, well stated, and on topic(although a tad long), 2Big raises a valid question. To wit: a thread that had its last post(prior to yesterday's) almost 1 year to the day before, might be, shall we say, a bit stale.

sorry mr. deer, i gotta challenge you on this one

just because a post has been sitting out there for a while, the topic and discussion remain valid. not everyone pours over the posts on a regular basis (like you, 2b and me among others). they somehow discover it, think about it and are motivated enough to want to make their own statement - the essence of a discussion board imho

i enjoy the occasional regurgitation of a previous idea's incarnation, especially thought-provoking ones like this which isn't the typical pablum thread topic.

lord knows i put my own weak OP efforts out there on occasion to move things in some direction that has at least minimal value. and if a couple hundred people read it and a few post that's fine. this one had well in excess of 4,000 reads and over 60 responses

stale schmale!

Before 2Big's post, I was also considering a polite "Why resurrect this thread?" remark. As is often the case, 2Big is blunt&crass but on the mark.

As for nice friendly days of yore on TOB, Cherry, check the tint in your glasses. You seem to forget about namdaed's flame wars or more recently the O`Canada et.al. incidents. Oh, and let's not forget the accrimony surrounding the creation of TOB. While many of us may chaff in our restraints, I do find the more civil attitudes of late to be pleasant. But I do miss the days when we could get together and mingle face-to-face over libations. You are correct - a few bad apples spoiled that barrel of fun.

Too funny Hamsters Ho's, I would like to think of myself more as a squirrel, nothing wrong trying to squirrel some extra nuts and honey LOL

lilithia