Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2Big

Ladies, Using 3/4 Of Your Signature Space For Ads Makes You Look Stupid And Desperate

99 posts in this topic

ok cool, so mine is about totally legal. I just need to be sure on the font size....so from a graphic stand point, does anyone here know the point size of the "4" font here on TOB?

I'm thinking just a touch bigger than the DivaVelvet.com would be max.... not sure the point size. A bit smaller than your current Heading.

Oxy

It's a new policy, so we're all still learning, trying new things. ...

Understood & expected. It will take a while to settle these changes.

... First, Oxy is fair. If you want to limit size for providers, size will be limited for all. Many hobbyists have larger, taller sigs than mine and will have to change too. ...

As expected! Good for the goose - good for the gander.

... The second thing is that ALL graphic content may be banned entirely -- which is a shame, cuz I think a lot of men and women enjoy putting graphics in Sigs. ...

Try accessing the board from a smart phone. I won't miss the graphics. I dislike massive quotes reposting photos too.

That it's nice to think providers come here just to hang out and chat, that it's not just about business. ...

Hanging out & meaningful contribution to the board is good business. I'm far more likely to call someone I've grown to enjoy on the board than someone with my limited experience being the ad boards. As I said earlier, a quick check of her profile should provide me with all the contact info (or links) I need to book an appointment.

I'm pretty certain that when Gina wrote the rules she didn't think girls would put 3 inch banner ads into their sigs that look like the world wide web ca. 1997.

I really would like to see alll graphic content dis-allowed. Put a small text line with your contact info into your sig, if you must. That's it.

And, yes, not every part of this website needs to be plastered full of advertisements.

Geez, could you possibly whine more, [delete] What are you afraid of? A girl might actually get an appointment? Someone might have some fun?

I LIKED the ads. They looked a lot nicer than the puling, worthless drivel you post.

Edited by boink36
Name calling.

Two small, {edit} I can understand why you will never have a SO. No matter what you say, if a guy wants to see one of the ladies who post here -he will find us. With or with out your input.

Man you really have been on a bitch here. Let it go man. You are way to uptight about trivial shit. Go get laid or something . I know it works for me .

Edited by boink36
Name calling.

Try accessing the board from a smart phone. I won't miss the graphics. I dislike massive quotes reposting photos too.

Hanging out & meaningful contribution to the board is good business. I'm far more likely to call someone I've grown to enjoy on the board than someone with my limited experience being the ad boards. As I said earlier, a quick check of her profile should provide me with all the contact info (or links) I need to book an appointment.

+1 to this.

At first, I found them profoundly annoying. However, after some rather garish initial attempts, with new guidelines in place, the negative impact should be minimized.

"I dislike massive quotes reposting photos too."

A bit more selective quoting would be appreciated...once is enough for a long message...just highlight the important stuff. I am 100% in agreement with Oxy, more participation by the ladies will make it a lot more interesting around here. This isn't Augusta. Guess 2Big will just have to deal with it or start his own board.

Whining and complaining every other day about some irrelevant issue is not a sign of wisdom and maturity. :cool:

Well, careful what you wish for, you might find your own freedoms curtailed.

Xxxxoooo

Beverly ;-*

No animated graphics...There goes Nusa's dancing clown and Destiny's bouncing tits.

The rule "It may NOT include an image of a human body part." seems like it could avoid a lot of future problems. Only because of the rule we can not have a picture of "ourselves". I was just thinking about that today on my walk. The gentlemen always want to know that the pics are recent and of the lady in question or if someone complained would the lady have to prove the lips/hips/butt are not actually hers. Since you can use your avatar to put a picture of yourself seems fair enough. I do like the color backgrounds and flowers and such. Gives the ladies a bit of room to be creative and shine.

Just for comparison reasons mine is about as simple as it can get Except the color font I know "only black" font was mentioned. Compare that to Velvet or Beverly. I think they are still trying to prefect the size but over all there signature block are lovely tasteful and on the right track. Of course I guess someone could jump in with loud colors and offenses graphics. I do not envy the mods. jobs but I have confidence they will iron out all the rules and details.

Paige, With the spaces between text, your's is actually the same size.

Whining and complaining every other day about some irrelevant issue is not a sign of wisdom and maturity. :cool:

After generating a fair amount of discussion and precipitating a possible change in the rules, it would seem to be a relevant topic after all...:cool:

No animated graphics...There goes Nusa's dancing clown and Destiny's bouncing tits.

Here's to hoping...;)

Here's to hoping...;)

You and 2Big - whining like 2 year olds. Are graphics a problem because you're still on dial-up? :rolleyes:

Okay, took the spaces and color out. This is as simple as you are going to get. I can do simple. What would you rather see day to day? Allowing a little creativity does add a lot.

Cool! I can stay within those limits. Thanks Gina.:)

I absolutely agree.

The reason I want to allow contact info in signatures is because I want providers to utilize the board more, which in turn brings in more clients, which brings in more providers, and so on... and so on. My idea of a vibrant community is one that grows and evolves through time, and I'm going to do what I can to encourage everyone's participation.

However, I'm also of the opinion that while some graphics can be done very tastefully done and in a size that isn't irritating, too often it's done in a way that the AD overtakes the contribution to the discussion.

For that reason, we're going to implement some more stringent guidelines:

Provider Signature Rules

Your signature may contain a text link to your website, a link to your reviews, and/or a link to your P411 page or similar. Contact information such as phone number or E-mail address is also permitted in your signature. Size must not be greater than 4 using the forum editing tools.

If you would like to use a graphic for your signature, it must not be larger than 650x120 in total. It may NOT be animated. It may NOT include an image of a human body part. It may only contain text links to your website, a links to your reviews, and/or a link to your P411 page or similar. Contact information such as phone number or E-mail address is also permitted in your signature. Size of text must not be greater than what would be comparable to 4, using the forum editing tools.

Signatures may not be overly gaudy (colors, all caps, etc), determined only by the forum moderators' collected opinion.

No other information that could be considered advertising is ever permitted in your signature or in posts.

You may upload your picture to use as your avatar only.

How does this sound? I'm open to feedback from both sides and hope that we can find middle ground. I won't be updating the rules until final word on this has been decided, and would like to see a good example of an acceptable graphic to direct people to (I'm thinking Beverly's is a good current example?).

Always,

Gina

There 2big. Is that better?:cool:

Who started this ridiculous trend?

Put the info into your avatar, instead of these flashing banners, advertising "This snatch for sale."

You and 2Big - whining like 2 year olds. Are graphics a problem because you're still on dial-up? :rolleyes:

No, Wi-Fi usually; but I hate to wait to read your latest pithy comment because someone felt compelled to post animations in their signature or post.

For a dude with no skin in the game, other than an affinity for ASP advertising, you sure do seem to have a lot to say...:rolleyes:

I have to say, just because I'm a total design geek, I'm having fun designing sigs and making them fit in the guidelines.

I've re-designed both mine and Velvet's, so they conform to the 120 pixel high rule, with smaller, more subtle fonts. I didn't use the full available width; both of our sigs are under 500 pixels wide.

Velvet's is a little busy, but I think it's pretty and it does fit in the guidelines. I thought about making the background design semi-transparent to make it a bit more subtle -- something like this:

velvet.tobsignew.transparentsample.jpg

I like it okay, but I like the more vivid colors better. And considering that I'm using full-flavor colors in my sig, as is Destiny, I decided to go ahead with the brighter version.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to complain about Velvet's sig, complain to me, not her, okay? :) I want to stay on her good side. :) Heh

I'm still experimenting and having fun with this. And in the end, if having fun with this sort of thing keeps me and other girls coming to the board and participating -- as Gina pointed out -- that's a good thing.

I'm open to thoughts and suggestions which are constructive.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

xxxooo

Beverly ;-*

There 2big. Is that better?:cool:

Nope, THIS is better.

Bannerad be gone!:cool:

screenshot1.jpg

For a dude with no skin in the game, other than an affinity for ASP advertising, you sure do seem to have a lot to say...:rolleyes:

I really dislike it when people whine about inconsequential trivialities.

If it were about girls robbing guys, or bait and switch girls, or violent tricks, I could undersand, but this worthless bullshit? No. :rolleyes:

this worthless bullshit?

And yet this is your third or fourth response in this thread.:cool:

Anyone who doesn't like the banner ad rule can delite them. No problem. And those who would rather totally delite, than wait to see what every girl is going to do, probably won't see ladies anyway. so who cares?

I am excited to see what each girl is gonna put up.

Thanks Bev! Great Easter present!! I feel like I just got a new tattoo or something. LOL

Edited by Velvet Valentine
sp.

it saddens me to see the bouncing titties retired from signature lines. i think we should all take a moment of silence to honor them.

Maybe this is a new revenue stream Gina can use to fund her review site changes. An updaid ad is a terrible thing to waste.

You NEVER complained about anything in the signature line, be it big or small, until we were aloud to link our information in there. So, it's obvious that is not about a graphic being in the signature. It because you don't like us being able to advertise there. Quit being such a hater and move on to something that actually maters to the quality of your life. Because whining and crying like a little girl about us advertising here accomplishes NOTHING positive or productive for you and your life at the end of the day.

For that reason, we're going to implement some more stringent guidelines:

Provider Signature Rules

Your signature may contain ...

My only complaint with this is the use of the word "Provider". I would simplify it down to "Signature Rules." The new rules should apply to all!

These rules place reasonable(?), enforcable limits on the content of posters' signatures in an attempt to control both bandwidth and screen real estate. Thank you.

I really like it when I get to whine about inconsequential trivialities.

If it were about girls robbing guys, or bait and switch girls, or violent tricks, I could undersand, but this worthless bullshit? No. :rolleyes:

Fixed it for ya...

As I said previously, the thread has generated a lot of discussion and now has definitely precipitated a change in the forum rules(for the better, I might add).

But, speaking of "inconsequential trivialities" and "worthless bullshit", perhaps you would like to post some more insults and derision or maybe a thread about how much you like titties. :rolleyes:

I prefer the old way -- NO ADVERTISING in the main body of the board. Allow minimal advertising in the profile. Providers could provide links to their website in their profile. They can advertise fully on their own website.

I don't really want to have to skip over the visual clutter provided by these ads in EVERY post. On this board let the content and nature of your posts be your advertising.

I'm not real keen on any signature that takes up more than a 2-3 lines of normal text.

I've ALWAYS "visually cluttered" my signature line. It was never an issue until it was advertising.:rolleyes:

I don't really want to have to skip over the visual clutter provided by these ads in EVERY post.