Marilyn Desire

Cash App Tutorial

53 posts in this topic

Did it last month. I will attempt to do it again in the middle of this month.  I think the biggest problem for me is that I like “tangible” and feeling the debit card as well as  plugging in my debit card into TOB Billing felt normal to me. Also hard to factor in the exchange of money transfer from dollars to bitcoin. This will get easier I am sure... not sure when? Thank goodness for humor! 

On 9/3/2020 at 0:59 PM, Marilyn Desire said:

Hello, a lot of people are struggling with cryptocurrency involving cash app to get to buy bitcoin. Follow these steps and it will help you!

https://youtu.be/wXD5nId3UcA

Wow thanks for the video now its easier to get understand the process for everyone.

Hello, a lot of people are struggling with cryptocurrency involving cash app to get to buy bitcoin. Follow these steps and it will help you!

Hey lady's, Not sure if everyone else is having nothing but issues a with bitcoin! What methods have you found that can cancel out edge and cash app. It’s been 90 days of HELL! I really need some assistance to keep my sanity at this point! 

Hey! You were having trouble with bitcoin on cash app? That’s the easiest way I’ve found. What went wrong?

You can also use coinbase which is good, and edge wallet is not needed to pay for your ad, its just basically an extra step thats not necessary.

I have to say I absolutely hate that we have switched to bitcoin. It’s a complete hassle every month. You can’t  just buy bitcoin in bulk to pay for ads for a few months because the market fluctuates. Then the mining fees are a whole other issues. Our ads now cost an extra 10 or so. Also you never know what the miners fee is going to be. Any advice ladies on how you calculate all or is there a certain amount you always transfer over? I’ve been using Coinbase and it’s a nightmare. 

Edited by Lira_Autumn

On 12/28/2020 at 11:40 AM, Lira_Autumn said:

I have to say I absolutely hate that we have switched to bitcoin. It’s a complete hassle every month. You can’t  just buy bitcoin in bulk to pay for ads for a few months because the market fluctuates. Then the mining fees are a whole other issues. Our ads now cost an extra 10 or so. Also you never know what the miners fee is going to be. Any advice ladies on how you calculate all or is there a certain amount you always transfer over? I’ve been using Coinbase and it’s a nightmare. 

Oh, how I wish I could just go back to debit/credit card payments. I spent at least $150.00 for my ad this last go around.  The Bitcoin market was fluctuating like crazy and there was nothing I could do. I totally agree with you @Lira_Autumn we really need to go back to the old system. For the love of Jesus please...

I watched my Bitcoin account drop almost 57% in value over the past 3 weeks.  It has come back up some, but 57% drop was a lot.

Any other ladies have trouble purchasing an ad? 

I have been trying for 2 days but every time I try to send my bitcoin it keeps Popping up a message saying "invalid address" 

I tried scanning the code, copy and paste the code, tried on 3 different phones & a laptop.

not sure if I am the only one dealing with this but little help would greatly be appreciated

On 3/9/2021 at 11:33 AM, Jenna_James said:

Any other ladies have trouble purchasing an ad? 

I have been trying for 2 days but every time I try to send my bitcoin it keeps Popping up a message saying "invalid address" 

I tried scanning the code, copy and paste the code, tried on 3 different phones & a laptop.

not sure if I am the only one dealing with this but little help would greatly be appreciated

Sometimes the issue is to simple try and refresh your page. then restart the process.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:21 PM, Kaduk said:

Sometimes the issue is to simple try and refresh your page. then restart the process.

An old friend of mine used to say "cash is king" I think he might have been right.....

14 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

An old friend of mine used to say "cash is king" I think he might have been right.....

You have a very wise friend indeed. I've never used anything but cash, but I would like the option of an way to pay electronically that was secure for both her and me.

I just started following this thread, and it sounds to me like the owners of this site are nervous about having financial records used against them (or advertisers) in the event the legal defecation hits the rotating oscillating device.  My concern about any kind of electronic transaction is the overwhelming number of "bread crumbs" that get left behind.  I strongly suspect that will be found to be true with bit coin as well.  Sure hope everyone involved is up tp date on their taxes.  EVERYTHING I do involving hobby play time is cash, all cash and nothing but the cash. 

The world is changing to electronic transactions, which for some things is great.  Just not for me with regard to hobbying.  I'll stick with cash.

For the “cash is king” crowd and any of you in that camp feel free to answer or don’t; how do you see cash and only cash being a viable and scalable option for this site to exist? Like logistically from beginning to end how would providers pay this site with cash to host their ads? And how, without drawing attention to themselves would the site owners deposit the cash without drawing attention to themselves? I’m legit curious how this model would work quickly and efficiently. 

Edited by JoDoe27

On 3/16/2021 at 3:53 PM, mustang said:

I just started following this thread, and it sounds to me like the owners of this site are nervous about having financial records used against them (or advertisers) in the event the legal defecation hits the rotating oscillating device.  My concern about any kind of electronic transaction is the overwhelming number of "bread crumbs" that get left behind.  I strongly suspect that will be found to be true with bit coin as well.  Sure hope everyone involved is up tp date on their taxes.  EVERYTHING I do involving hobby play time is cash, all cash and nothing but the cash. 

Cash is King.

Not to high jack the thread, but I see a number of ladies accepting payments through Venmo? Can someone provide insight into how that works? Is that compatible with gift cards? Thanks.

On 3/28/2021 at 0:28 PM, Mustang87 said:

Not to high jack the thread, but I see a number of ladies accepting payments through Venmo? Can someone provide insight into how that works? Is that compatible with gift cards? Thanks.

Hello there cash app and venmo are used by a lot of providers myself included. The good thing about these two apps is that you can create an account without using your personal information, and you can also keep your payments private so no one else sees them. For example for your name and or username you can use whatever you want, ex. John Doe. As far as them working with gift cards I'm not sure how that works. I'm pretty sure  you have to have an eligible debit, or credit card, or bank account linked to the account. No one has access to that info except you and Venmo. All the receiver sees is who sent the payment, how much it was for and a message if the sender provided one. Personally I prefer Venmo and cash app over PayPal, but cash is always king! So I guess it's just whatever your most comfortable with. As far as bank statements go, it will show up on your account as venmo and a partial name of who you sent it to. Same as cashapp.

7 hours ago, Marilyn Desire said:

Hello there cash app and venmo are used by a lot of providers myself included. The good thing about these two apps is that you can create an account without using your personal information, and you can also keep your payments private so no one else sees them. For example for your name and or username you can use whatever you want, ex. John Doe. As far as them working with gift cards I'm not sure how that works. I'm pretty sure  you have to have an eligible debit, or credit card, or bank account linked to the account. No one has access to that info except you and Venmo. All the receiver sees is who sent the payment, how much it was for and a message if the sender provided one. Personally I prefer Venmo and cash app over PayPal, but cash is always king! So I guess it's just whatever your most comfortable with. As far as bank statements go, it will show up on your account as venmo and a partial name of who you sent it to. Same as cashapp.

Appreciate all the great info from Marilyn. I would add a note of caution about Venmo (& please don't trash me with "only cash" - yes, cash is the most secure transaction). Venmo IS a social network. The privacy feature is not well understood. If you have any friends on Venmo, the entire world can see them - even if your transactions are all private. Your transaction is private, not your friends. Not only is your username visible - so is the name on your account. Venmo is good but consider not only making all your transactions private but deleting your entire friends list. If you gave a gift to a provider on Venmo, it would automatically add them to your "friends". Everyone of her friends & your friends could see that connection.  BTW - cashapp has no such social network feature. 

9 hours ago, bolder1 said:

Appreciate all the great info from Marilyn. I would add a note of caution about Venmo (& please don't trash me with "only cash" - yes, cash is the most secure transaction). Venmo IS a social network. The privacy feature is not well understood. If you have any friends on Venmo, the entire world can see them - even if your transactions are all private. Your transaction is private, not your friends. Not only is your username visible - so is the name on your account. Venmo is good but consider not only making all your transactions private but deleting your entire friends list. If you gave a gift to a provider on Venmo, it would automatically add them to your "friends". Everyone of her friends & your friends could see that connection.  BTW - cashapp has no such social network feature. 

Wowww thank you so much for this information! I never even thought about friends list. I will definitely go see how I can delete all of that. Thank you!!

26 minutes ago, Marilyn Desire said:

Wowww thank you so much for this information! I never even thought about friends list. I will definitely go see how I can delete all of that. Thank you!!

Here are the steps to delete friends list on Venmo.

Go to your friends list, click on friends profile. Where is says friends in blue, click on that then click unfriend. If you need help lmk and I can help you! Also you can click on Privacy in settings and set your default to private for all transactions plus past transactions.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site(not the industry) and am having trouble making a payment using bitcoin. Im very familiar with using bitcoin to post, but as of yesterday I created a new ad and made the payment via Bitcoin and its still pending on my end. I'm wondering has anyone else had this same issue or is it just me? I appreciate any input!

-😘😘😘 Steph

6 hours ago, StephanieAlexander said:

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site(not the industry) and am having trouble making a payment using bitcoin. Im very familiar with using bitcoin to post, but as of yesterday I created a new ad and made the payment via Bitcoin and its still pending on my end. I'm wondering has anyone else had this same issue or is it just me? I appreciate any input!

-😘😘😘 Steph

please try and refresh your page, might need to then restart the process....

On 10/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, Marilyn Desire said:

You can also use coinbase which is good, and edge wallet is not needed to pay for your ad, its just basically an extra step thats not necessary.

BTS is down

As a provider whom would be grateful to entertain said hobbyists, it would be wonderful to have the ability to post your listing. Ladies is anyone else having issues today trying to go from the confirm posting page to the Bitcoin pay feature (blue button). Tried on Safari and also on Chrome and it states that the server is unreachable or that the server is broken. This is crazy also is anyone using cash app to apply Bitcoin to the edge wallet and have been successful. Needing some info would be grateful.

i'm having issues transferring my bitcoin from cashapp as well. i used to be able to send it directly from there to post an ad on here, but i've been trying for days and cashapp isn't allowing me to transfer outside of the app. i can only transfer to other cashapp users. :/ pretty inconvenient as i have a lot stored on there. i tried to purchase more in my coinomi wallet, but they took so much out in fees i had to go back to buy even more, except now they won't let me bc they think it's a risk or otherwise fraudulent 🙃

What kind of error are you getting, or are you getting an error at all? I tried to send what bitcoin I do have to one of my other places I advertise at, and this is the error I got. What is means is you cannot send the bitcoin unless you have a minimum of like 37 dollars or something in bitcoin. This has never been an issues before so it must be a new thing. I typically only use coinbase to purchase and send bitcoin because its much easier to do once you get verified. 

Screenshot_20210531-123608_Cash App.jpg

Edited by Marilyn Desire
embed